Birdwatching on the Southern Eyre Peninsula
A birdwatcher’s delight! Join us on a shared tour over 3 days and 2 nights. With 100 national and conservation parks, over 270 species of birds living in mallee bushland and spectacular coastal scenery, Eyre Peninsula is emerging as a must-see destination for eco and wildlife tours.
Your guide for this tour is Fran Solly. Fran has been a keen birdwatcher for more than 30 years and knows the local birds well, including many by their call. She contributes to the local scientific database through bird surveys which are conducted across the Peninsula.
Fran is a professional photographer and started her photography journey as a bird photographer. A selection of Fran’s photographs can be found here and in the recently updated Birds of Southern Eyre Peninsula Field Guide.Enquire / Book now
Wolshy from Melbourne
"From the outset of this tour I was placed at ease by Lunch and his Goin' Off Safaris staff. How good are these guys - you feel like you've known them for years!"
Bird Watching on the Southern Eyre Peninsula
- Lookout for a range of endangered and rare birds from the Hooded Plovers, the Rock Parrots, Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoo just to name a few
- Journey through and around the Southern Eyre Peninsula from Port Lincoln to Port Neill, Lipson Cove, Big Swamp, Coffins Bay and the amazing Lincoln & Coffin Bay National Parks.
- Diverse variety of birds and habitats from mallee scrub to spectacular coastal areas, wetlands, Eucalypts and Sheoak stands.
- Sample the local renowned seafood and get an insight into the history of the area.
- You will enjoy daily lunches, morning tea and afternoon snacks.
- Frans knowledge of the area and especially the birds will impress.
- Your transport is in a luxury 4WD Toyota Landcruiser VX
- Complimentary Birds of Southern Eyre Peninsula Pocket Guide Book
Walter and Susanne
"The Eyre Peninsula is almost a hidden gem with so much to see and do here and what a fantastic coastline! The area is just breathtaking, beautiful, rugged, almost indescribable with words."