A few months ago, Goin Off Safaris was asked if we would like to contribute a little something to the 2011 Cancer Council SA’s Glitz and Hammer Ball.
The Glitz & Hammer Ball is an annual gala ball organised by an external committee, supporting Cancer Council SA’s work within the community, with all funds raised going directly to Cancer Council SA to support cancer treatment, research, prevention, early detection, education and information.
We are all affected somehow by this disease, so we put together a 4 day/ 4 night package on the magnificent Eyre Peninsula, to be auctioned off on the evening, in the hope of raising several thousand’s of dollars to go to this cause. With the Port Lincoln Hotel, Adventure Bay Charters, Flinders Keepers Accommodation, Coffin Bay Explorer, Rex Airlines, GT Fishing Charters, Port Lincoln Limos, Cafe DelGiornio and us at Goin’ Off Safaris all donating their services, the package came out at just under a $11,000 auction item!
For 4 persons, this is now the major auction item which consists of;
- 2 nights accommodation at the Port Lincoln Hotel
- Great White shark cage diving
- swim with Australian sealions and Southern Bluefin Tuna
- 3 hours cruising the tranquil waterways of Coffin Bay & eating fresh Coffin Bay oysters
- Full day off shore fishing charter
- Full day of sight seeing, beach fishing,sand boarding, snorkeling and swimming
- 2 nights waterfront in beautiful Coffin Bay
- Seafood dinner platter for 4
- 4 course dinner prepared by our in house chef
- Airport pickup & return in style by limousine
I’m sure you would agree that this sounds like a lot of fun! The ball is on this Saturday, the 4th of June at the Adelaide Convention Centre and hosted by Troy Gray, with entertainment by stars such as Lisa Edwards and the Motown Connection! Its going to be a great show and there are still plenty of tickets available and for more information, click here.